The Office of the FUNCINPEC Party spokesman is honored to inform national and international correspondents that the [FUNCINPEC] Party's Extraordinary Congress held at its headquarters on 18 October 2006 unanimously approved the amendment of the Party's statute and internal regulations as well as the rectification of its structure and logo as follows:
The FUNCINPEC Party Extraordinary Congress
1. Agrees that Samdech Krom Preath Norodom Ranariddh remains the Party's historic leader
2. Elects the following persons as leaders of the FUNCINPEC Party for a five-year term:
2.1. Comrade Kev Put-reaksmei, chairman of the FUNCINPEC Party.
2.2. Comrade Loe Laysreng, first vice chairman of the FUNCINPEC Party.
2.3. Comrade Prince Sisowath Sirirat, second vice chairman of the FUNCINPEC Party.
2.4. Comrade Nhoek Bun-chhai, secretary general [of FUNCINPEC Party]
3. Increases the number of the FUNCINPEC Party's National Council members to at least 600 by including members at the commune and precinct levels.
4. Increases the number of the FUNCINPEC Party Steering Committee members to at least 53.
5. Modifies the Party's logo and banner by retaining all features except for the picture of Samdech Krom Preath Norodom Ranariddh.
6. Decides to keep the FUNCINPEC Party Headquarters at the same site; that is, No. 11, Preah Monivong Boulevard, Srah Chark suburb, Don Penh ward, Phnom Penh.
The public, party members and national and international journalists: Please be informed of the aforementioned news.
18 October 2006
The Office of the FUNCINPEC Party spokesman